Supplier Sourcing Specialist
Kent, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Supplier Sourcing Specialist
Position Description" Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client south of Seattle, Washington for an experienced Supplier Sourcing Specialist.
This Supplier Sourcing Specialist position is responsible for managing Quoting Activities, New Product Introduction (NPI), and Special Project purchasing activities including; supply chain project management, supplier evaluation and selection, supplier quote response management, cost estimating support, placement of initial long lead time and other purchase orders required to support new business, and timely problem resolution.
- Excellent communication skills are a must. This position requires interaction with all areas of the company as well as suppliers and some customers
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accurate product information in ERP system for New Products
- Establish sources and costs for identified components and third party make/buy decisions
- Work closely with Purchasing on transferring cost, source information, lead time, and other appropriate information to the production environment
- Continuously communicate with supply base regarding schedule changes, expedite/de-expedite, and overall supplier performance
- Facilitate and manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Communicate and ensure implementation of engineering changes at suppliers
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers in support of new product development, including supplier visits where appropriate
- Lead supply chain support for organizational initiatives such as manufacturing transfers to/from other facilities, new supplier processes supporting Lean initiatives, process improvements, and other special projects
- Work with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing and Customers on identified engineering initiatives
- For all new business, ensure that all customer requirements are properly flowed down to the supply base
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain relations with internal and external customer
- Excellent skills in Contract Administration; Multi-functional exposure; Inventory Control; Critical thinking and problem-solving capability; Specification interpretation; Technical Component and Assembly Knowledge; and Supply Base Knowledge
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Works with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of scheduling, planning, engineering processes, materials, manufacturing processes, and ISO/AS9100 quality control systems in an ERP/MRP system environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and negotiation skills; outgoing, assertive personality
- Professional conflict resolution and ability to handle difficult situation in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Computer proficiency with standard software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Advanced skills are preferred
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings with bill of materials
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar type of position(s) is desired
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Bachelor’ s degree from four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred)
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first 3 modules of APICS certification program (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred
Nice to Have:
- Experience purchasing electronic components, hardware, and or wire and cable
- Global sourcing experience, especially with Asian suppliers is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SAP (preferred) or other ERP systems, as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
- This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.