Sr. TechOps Engineer (Service Max)
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Position Title: Sr. TechOps Engineer (Service Max)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, CA
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our services
- Build infrastructure and application monitoring by gathering application and system metrics and implement tools for recoveries.
- Troubleshoot availability/performance problems and build software-based solutions to prevent recurrences.
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
- Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers.
- Minimum 4 years experience in production service troubleshooting that spans applications, systems and network.
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE, Rackspace, Openstack).
- Experience with web and Big data Analytics platform like web, appservers, Hadoop, Spark.
- Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration layers (Docker, Cloud Foundry)
- Demonstrated coding skills, preferably in Python, Ruby, Java.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UDP, TCP/IP, HTTP, distributed systems.
- Familiarity with databases like Postgres and Elastic Search.
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Cloud offerings.
- Solid understanding of application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems and shell scripting.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple partners.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working within small teams.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.