Sr. Systems Engineer
Wilsonville, Oregon | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer.
- Coordinate mechanical, electrical, software, controls, and applications engineering disciplines for the execution of custom automation projects to meet the technical requirements.
- First responder for customer facing electro-mechanical automation machines, with minimal notice for international travel as needed (up to 20%).
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving with minimal direction and customer interaction.
- Self-motivated and pace setter for rapid resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Business acumen when it comes to solution based decision making and issue resolution
- Able to lead technical teams of up to 10 technicians and engineers through issue resolution and root cause determination, and maintain customer facing relations and updates as frequently required.
- Provide technical guidance for preventative actions to reduce and eliminate issues that take away from sustaining manufacturing with extremely high machine uptime and process capability.
- Clear and concise documentation and communication within DWFritz and externally with suppliers and customers.
- Perform acceptance testing and improvement analysis (i.e. IAT, FAT, and SAT) to optimize and satisfy customer based requirements, while meeting functional and performance requirements
- Familiarity and competency with statistical analysis, that includes a deep knowledge and application on gage R&R and process capability.
- Demonstrated track record of success throughout the full project lifecycle (definition, development, validation, and manufacturing).
- Solidworks and PDM proficiency preferred.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and performance orientation.
- Strong work ethic, high results oriented and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills that incorporates data and statistics to determine corrective and preventative actions.
- Must be able to work with and lead technical teams through influence rather than position.
- Demonstrated customer focus and orientation to creating value for the customer.
- Organizationally nimble, able to navigate the customer and internal organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, questioning/listening skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical concepts to non-experts
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of time, for durations of 3-4 weeks or as needed, occasionally with little advanced notice.
- Must possess a valid passport.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Bachelor’ s degree minimum, advanced degree desirable.
- Recent 10+ years engineering experience with 5+ years' experience as a system engineer in the machine design / automation industry with combination of design, debug, and production support.
- Technical expert in at least one of the following disciplines, direct experience with 3+, and working knowledge 5+:
- Precision Mechanical Design
- Stepper and Servo motor (position encoder) debug and problem resolution
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.