Sr. Systems Engineer - Automated Workcells
Sunnyvale, California | Contract
Position Title: Sr Systems Engineer
Position Description: Our client seeks a highly motivated candidate to join its R&D team. This position will report to the Manager of the Systems Engineering group and involves the both development and sustaining engineering for laboratory capital equipment and consumables. Qualified candidates must be able to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined development teams, executing tasks on-time and to spec. Development responsibilities may include laboratory consumables, system specification and design, algorithm development for new features, design verification testing, and technology transfer to Manufacturing.
- Work with team to test prototype consumables, instrumentation and automated work cells.
- Develop test plans to confirm specifications
- Participate in CE testing for new products
- Participate in research and design targeting new features and methods
- Support engineering team in testing of component devices
- Define and execute the design verification test plan
- Define and execute product validation test plans
- Develop procedures and required tools for system test, for Development, Manufacturing, and Field Support
- Train Manufacturing and Service personnel on system test procedures
- Support Manufacturing personnel during production ramp-up
- Provide documentation and training to Field service personnel
- May visit customer sites to assist with installation and acceptance of beta products
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- 7 - 15 years of experience in both the development of analytical instrumentation and automation to enhance customer use of analytical instrumentation
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Deep understanding of complex mechanical and electromechanical systems as applies to electromechanical instrumentation and automation
- Demonstrated ability to integrate, test, and troubleshoot electronic, mechanical, and software subsystems
- Understanding mechanical and electromechanical tolerancing
- Ability to develop test methods to confirm design specifications are met
- Ability to write macros and test routines
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, or similar engineering analysis tools
- Analytical, methodical, and detail-oriented in planning, experimentation, and analysis
- Tenacious and deadline driven
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated contribution in delivering capital equipment instrumentation from concept to market
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Experience with laboratory liquid handling and automation equipment
- Experience with life science instrumentation
- Some knowledge of chemistry and good lab practices
- Project management experience
- Good understanding of image or signal processing
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or C#
- Experience using Statistics and/or DOE methods for process optimization
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.