Sr. Software Engineer
7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, California 94560 | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Newark, CA.
- Write well structured, solid, code for our desktop application suite
- Drive innovation, particularly in the areas of broadcasting, self-streaming
- Participate in code reviews and help with architectural code decisions.
- Produce good documentation, excellent quality and well tested code.
- Generate ideas, participate in peer reviews and coach junior team members
- 5+ years of strong software design & development experience in C++
- Experience of working with cameras, microphones and broadcast tech
- Relevant work experience, including hands-on software development experience for PC/Device hardware a major plus
- Fluent in Windows (C++/Win32/Visual Studio)
- Boost, OpenSSL, QT knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with game engines is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Passion for PC gaming
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep track of multiple issues simultaneously
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- Presentation and public speaking skills a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.