Sr. Software Engineer
Beaverton, Oregon | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Beaverton, OR. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for many phases of the software development life cycle, including: developing and documenting scalable and secure code, writing unit and integration tests refining feature specifications, reviewing code, and interfacing with other stakeholders. You will be involved in the design and implementation of new features and participate in high-level architectural decisions. You will be joining a growing team who values creativity, resourcefulness, and technical expertise. This is a great opportunity to have an immediate and significant impact on the continued success of our team and clients.
- 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented programming and methodologies, such as Python
- 2+ years of experience with relational database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of Linux system-level software development, e.g. file IO and storage a must
- Experience with system Authentication including LDAP, AD, and Samba
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of / experience with some of the following: Tornado, JSON, FUSE, ZeroMQ, TCP/IP networking
- You stay up-to-date with the modern technologies and best practices
- You are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code and willing to work to a coding standard
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications. Willing to engage, share and learn from peers.
- Possesses the ability to discuss technical information with less technical or non-technical audiences
- Able to work productively and independently
- Experience with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB sharded cluster is highly desirable
- Experience with threading and multiprocessing
- Experience with Enterprise / SaaS applications and related concepts (message queues, service-oriented architecture, caching, etc.)
- Experience with scalability concepts and strategies such as caching at various levels in the stack and asynchronous processing
- Development of clustered or distributed systems
- Experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts and methodologies
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.