Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud Services)
Seattle, Washington | Contract To Hire
Position Title - Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud Services)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Software Engineer:
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the cloud platform.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Partner well with others to deliver integrated solutions with other teams. Able to self-manage simple engineering collaborations across teams and manage your delivery commitments.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems using custom code and off-the-shelf solutions.
- Take project ownership and guide other developers through design, review, and implementation
- Proven track record developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services.
- Real-world experience using asynchronous and concurrent programming models.
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Experience with software engineering best practices ( e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration ).
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Working knowledge of large-scale data-tier building blocks (MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or analogous technologies).
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work history.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience using Golang and Python to develop highly-scalable backend services.
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Kafka at scale
- Experience with big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar)
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar)
- Desire to contribute back to open source projects.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.