Sr. Software Engineer / Architect
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer / Architect
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers, and partners
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and partners; keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great partner focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) and partners to understand product requirements & vision
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Expert in Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database
- Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
- Experience with Play framework, Angular
- Hands-on experience in developing framework (APIs / SDKs) for partner integration
- Preferred GE Predix knowledge
- Experience in micro services architecture
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.