1705 132nd Avenue NE Bellevue, Washington 98005 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior SDET
Position Description: Our client is looking to expand its Industrial Internet of Things development team. They are looking for Senior Software Development Engineers in Test to join a team implementing test systems for the software in their industrial communications and remote access devices.
You will be responsible for the creation of software test strategies and supporting test plans for Linux based industrial networking and communication products. You will create tests and implement an automated test harness with supporting test scripts, as well as executing some manual tests. You will work side by side with the development team to develop test plans, test cases, and to isolate difficult technical problems.
Come work for a company that thinks your work environment is important and provides a quiet office with a door, and plenty of desk space to fill with computers, instruments, and other gizmos to your heart’ s content. And as an added perk, you’ ll have frequent opportunities to win premium tickets to concerts, plays and sporting events.
Candidates must be highly organized and have excellent communication and teamwork skills. Will be required to work effectively with developers to advocate for testable code and precise testable product requirements. Candidate should have a basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking. They should be able to configure a router, and understand how data moves through the internet. A positive attitude and a willingness to learn are a must.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing test plans and testing embedded software platforms and applications is required. Additional experience testing user interfaces, and industrial communications protocols is highly desired.
- Able to construct test plans, test cases, and automated regression test harnesses
- Proficient in scripting languages and tools for PC, web, embedded Linux, and test system development
- Expert-level programming in C#, C and/or C++ (at least one)
- Linux based operating system and application testing experience
- User Interface test development and automation
- Able to set up hardware and network systems used to verify software
- Familiar with automated testing and defect tracking tools
- Able to interface with SQL databases
- Excellent debugging skills; able to isolate defects to specific subsystems and find ways to reproduce them
- Experience with cross-browser testing
- Experience with cross-platform build environments
- Experience with continuous integration
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’ s) and Industrial Automation applications
- Berkeley sockets programming
- Ability to work with hardware
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.