Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Wilsonville, Oregon | Direct Hire
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, OR
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer' s requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Lead extended design team, monitor and coordinate all aspects of the design process - mechanical layouts, details, assemblies, and control system concepts.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- Ability to use PC’ S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- BSME or MSME
- A minimum of 8 years of recent machine design and project management experience.
- Must have machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.