Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Seattle, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA. Design and analyze mechanical systems, equipment and packaging and conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and existing designs. Direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Develops and implements design solutions in support of sustaining engineering activities.
- Meet product specification and test design concepts by proposing and implementing original design solutions.
- Confirm all designs meet appropriate safety or regulatory requirements by staying up-to-date and following quality system procedures related to this job
- Support production by identifying and resolving moderately complex to complex line issues efficiently and effectively.
- Meet all project schedule deadlines by planning individual workload and guiding and mentoring less experienced engineers in planning; as well as participating in cross-functional teams supporting staff-level engineers during product development product development activities, continuous improvement activities, or troubleshooting activities.
- Keep within product life management (PLM) Agile environment by establishing product structures or bill of materials (BOMs), and guiding and mentoring less experienced engineers in initiating engineering change requests (ECR) and completing engineering change orders (ECO), and/or non-conformance reports (NCR).
- Perform moderately complex to complex mechanical design work assignments for multiple process and product improvement projects or subtasks by following good project management practices.
- Light travel, up to 10% annually.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience, or a Master’ s degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of 3 years of experience, or a PhD without experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Work experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) desired
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAE) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ProE )
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS, ProMechanica or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, or LabView etc.)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Technical writing skills including the ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and concise manner
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.