Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer-Sustaining
Position Description: Our product development client in Redmond, WA is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for a 12 month contract.
- Mechanical engineer with 8+ years experience in electronics packaging ideally for a highly regulated industry (medical device or avionics).
- Experienced with Pro-Engineer/Creo, sustaining designs for EMI mitigation ( experienced with 4th edition EMI standards a plus ), root cause analysis and problem solving, plastic part design, cable/wire harness design and designing for robust environmental requirements.
- Develop functional requirements.
- Understand and applies standard engineering principles.
- Create simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates.
- Design and tests components, and integrates components to produce final product.
- Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes.
- Evaluates a design' s overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Able to work independently and with a cross functional team.
- Able to balance multiple tasks, set priorities and deliver on commitments.
- Experience working in a sustaining role is a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Protingent, Inc. is a niche staffing firm providing rewarding and exciting work opportunities for Engineering and IT candidates; and specialized, highly-skilled technology professionals to companies nationwide.