Sr. Linux Administrator
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Linux Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA.
Manage the overall health, performance, and capacity of a High Performance Computing environment that generates and analyzes petabytes of data Provide hands on break/fix of the server, network, storage, and monitoring infrastructure Identify areas for automation, and create tools to reduce the complexity of the environment and/or reduce operational workload Partner and collaborate with engineers to grow and tune the infrastructure in support of a custom media application Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical teams with a focus on data driven decision making Effectively communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints, and progress with key stakeholders in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience managing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting Linux systems
- 5+ years of experience with core infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP networking, and configuration management such as puppet, chef, or ansible)
- 3+ years supporting server hardware at the physical level including diagnostics, component replacements and tuning
- 3+ years of experience designing, managing, and implementing high performance NAS systems such as Isilon or Gluster
- Experience troubleshooting skills that span all layers of the infrastructure (systems, storage, network)
- Preferred: Experience with video capture, IP cameras, media processing workflows and automation, and large scale data management
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.