Sr. Hardware Electrical Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Hardware Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
- Invent and build new products in the areas of IoT (smart homes, smart buildings and smart cities)
- Take electrical engineering designs from concept to production-ready
- Partner with contractors and vendors to support development efforts
- Develop tests to validate design, performance and reliability
- Identify and evangelize new technologies to integrate into products Required
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred
- 7+ years of Electrical Engineering experience in Robotics or related field
- Expert debug and trouble-shooting skills
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience
- Experience in rapidly designing, building, and debugging prototype hardware
- Technical leadership experience with ability to work across internal teams and external supplier/manufacturing partners
- Ability to dive deep into issues to identify root causes
- Experience using lab equipment: oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers and function generators
- Knowledge of EMI and ESD sources and mitigation strategies
- Experience with I2C, SPI, MIPI, UART, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB protocols preferred
- Experience with ARDUINO, nice to have
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.