Sr. Digital Manufacturing Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Digital Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California for an experienced Senior Digital Manufacturing Engineer. Individual will be a key member of a medical device product development team, leading activities associated with product development/manufacturing transfer. The individual will be responsible for leading the Digital Manufacturing team in areas such as: manufacturability, cost reduction, process control/characterization, documentation, validation, and production support. Additionally, the individual will be serve as technical interface with key suppliers. The Senior Digital Manufacturing Engineer is intended to be a versatile position capable of supporting/Leading project/program needs based on the company’ s goals and objectives. This person will be expected to exercise judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Will be responsible for the design of custom eartips and associated products through the use of 3D scanning, design and 3D printing
- Establishment of process flow and production line layouts
- Process development/statistical analysis
- Lead and contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in infrastructure, tools and testing.
- Perform process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Write protocols and test reports
- Develop the organization’ s core competency by selecting equipment, software and conducting training courses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Project management/supervision experience
- Act as the Operations representative on R&D cross-functional project teams
- Transfer new products from R&D to Manufacturing through the design control process
- Hands-on individual with demonstrated experience in the design and development of custom eartips through the use of additive manufacturing
- Ability to solve problems using structured methods.
- Attention to detail in process characterization and documentation.
- Ability to lead complex projects and work in a team environment
- Have a firm understanding and demonstrated experience performing medical device process validations.
- Firm understanding of manufacturing techniques with ability to quantify line capacities and to develop high volume manufacturing scale-ups.
- Statistical Process Control, Green Belt experience preferred
- Experience utilizing 3D printing, Geomagic Studio, Rhinos, 3Shape and Solidworks to produce custom hearing components preferred
- Fluent using Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience with custom products preferably RIC or CIC eartips
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and interact well with others.
- Experience in experimental techniques, statistical analysis & engineering investigation techniques (six sigma green belt preferred
- 5 years of experience in leading projects
- 5-10 years of experience in medical device manufacturing experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.