Sr. Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Direct Hire
Position Title: Sr. Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. You will be working with a team scientist and engineers to develop hearing aid technology and products. Activities will include all aspects of product development, including designing, generation of requirements, developing, prototyping, testing and documenting new designs, along with supporting their transfer to manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Project leadership including developing project plans, determining resources, coordinating activities, providing direction to engineers and technicians and communicating project plans to cross functional team members.
- Design, fabricate, evaluate and document devices using additive manufacturing technologies
- Prototype and qualify parts and assemblies using internal resources or external vendors.
- Develop test methods, procedures and fixtures. Perform inspection and failure analysis.
- Write and execute test procedures for product verification and validation.
- Establish robust additive manufacturing processes
- Actively contribute to engineering requirements specifications and risk assessment activities.
- Train operators and engineers. Support manufacturing personnel.
- Work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience utilizing 3D printing, Geomagic Studio, 3Shape and Solidworks to produce custom hearing components.
- Ability to solve problems using structured methods.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent and 3+ years of experience
- Able to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Design Control methods.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and interact well with others.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.