Sr. ASIC/SoC Verification Storage Protocol Engineer
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Sr. ASIC/SoC Verification Storage Protocol Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA for a Senior ASIC/SoC Verification Engineer. The candidate will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative data center/ cloud networking, storage, and compute ASIC/ FPGA and system solutions. The ideal candidate must have prior experience developing Verification architecture and design of leading edge networking, storage, embedded computing ASIC and/ or FPGA.
- Verify internally developed RTL IP using 3rd party NVMe Verification IP
- Develop NVMe Verification test suite to test internally developed RTL IP
- Expertise in developing block level / system level verification environment
- Expertise to develop BFMs / Checkers / monitors / Scoreboards
- Experience in developing block/system level verification plans and tests
- Must have capability to debug test failures to find the root cause
- Working experience in Simulation tools like Mentor Modelsim/Questasim, Synthesis tools, Coverage tools, and Regression tools
- Working experience in IP/SoC verification using AMBA AXI, DMA, FIFO, etc modules
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Perl, Tcl
- Work with other hardware/ software architects developing one of a kind innovative FPGA prototypes, contribute to feasibility studies & developing solutions
- Assist architects developing Linux/ Windows device driver, test and debug
- B.S., or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Prior Verification experience required
- UVM verification experience highly desired
- In depth expertise in PCIe interface technologies
- In depth background in Verification development, debug, simulation, test bench creation and debug using relevant tools (Synopsys, Mentor, Cadence, or FPGA tools
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to meet aggressive project deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Ability to create near term value within a strategic research environment
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.