Sr Software Engineer - Orchestration Services
Seattle, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer - Orchestration Services
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join their Offer Service team as our client continues to intensify the pace of innovation and move towards future growth through SOA technology solutions. The cacndidate will design and implement software in the AWS Cloud, to drive the next generation of cloud based services in a services oriented architecture. This position specifically focuses on the creation of microservices core to infrastructure. The Candidate should thrive in a collaborative intellectually challenging environment, and be prepared to work with team members and across teams to create high-quality, cutting edge software solutions.
- Develop large scale RESTful Web Services in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from inception to maintenance
- Mentor junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - business stakeholders, engineers, program management and project management to produce the best solutions possible
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- Implement test automation to validate new and existing code
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Translate business issues to technical terms
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- 7+ years of current professional experience working with Java, C# and/or Go Lang.
- Proven high level of expertise in a programming language such as Java and open source technology stacks.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience building RESTful web API.
- 2+ Experience in AWS Services such as Redis, Dynamo DB, SQS and Cloud watch.
- Experience in Spring Framework, Maven/Gradle, Tomcat, JSON, REST, SAAS, Event Driven Architecture.
- Proven proficiency in API development (such as REST and SOAP).
- Agile software development experience.
- Applied knowledge with objected oriented principles and patterns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Lambdas, Kafka and Kinesis desirable.
- Experience in scripting languages such as python, ruby or bash.
- Experience in the ecommerce or retail space is a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.