Sr. SW Engineer - DevOps & Infrastructure
4030 Lake Washington Blvd NE Suite 200 Kirkland, WA 98033
Position Title: Sr. SW Engineer - DevOps & Infrastructure
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Kirkland, Washington.
- Designs technical solutions for scalable, secure and operable cloud services, lead the design discussion and develops the plan for deliverables.
- Leads REST API interface design in simple and concis style, establishes the software interface design standards.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle; identify and resolve the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level.
- Designs the deployment process for the services balancing efficiency and stability, establishes deployment best practices.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science plus 4+ years work experience
- Proficiency on Java, deep understanding of modern programming language design principles. C++, Python or Ruby & Rails are nice to have
- Solid understanding of computer network, security, architect design, object-oriented design (preferably interface-based design concepts)
- Experience with back-end server development with modern server or cloud environments, such as container, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, distributed file systems.
- Experience on designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud plus.
- Experience in a startup is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.