Sr Electrical Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Sr Electrical Design Engineer
Position Description: Member of Research & Development engineering team developing board/system designs for next generation, or next iteration, of biomedical devices. This person will design and/or lead the design of complex electronic components and circuits to meet the product design requirements for new, or existing products. Work includes the design, fabrication, modification, test, and documentation of electronic components, circuits and systems for use in biomedical devices. Works under limited direct supervision in the application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Provides solutions to a variety of problems, demonstrates knowledge of current technical and recent advancements and contributes to the product design, or iteration, from planning and concept phase through verification/qualification. Works well as part of a cross functional team and provides technical support for the team to solve complex problems.
- EMC to meet IEC 60601-1-2 4th edition standards.
- Execute electronic circuit and/or component designs of moderate to complex mixed signal circuits, including feasibility assessment, part selection, schematics, simulation, performing or guiding PCB layout, board bring-up & test, software integration, design for EMC and manufacturability (DFM).
- Recommends design modifications as indicated by analysis, test and usage.
- Independently determines and developes solutions to solve complex engineering problems.
- Utilize electronic lab test equipment, such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes to debug circuit and system issues.
- Implements and/or reviews engineering documentation of high complexity.
- Translate system performance and operational specifications into electrical plans, requirements, designs and verification plans and protocols.
- Works with cross functional teams teams to reach consensus on difficult system-level tradeoffs to solve issues
- Complete and maintain all required quality system training and comply with all quality system procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
- 5 years directly related experience
- Experience and success with concept-to-production engineering, including high level design, detailed design, schematic entry, simulation, layout management, prototype assembly logistics, board bring-up, lab debugging, system integration, design verification, and manufacturing handoff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with eCentral or other product lifecycle management tools.
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards.
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis.
- Experience with Cadence SPB, or equivalent, for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience with circuit simulations tools
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- Experience with electromechanical embedded system design, including packaging for portability and ruggedness
- Experience with embedded software design
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to follow, good electrical development processes.
- At least three years experience developing products in a regulated industry such as medical or avionics, including demonstrated design experience in safety critical hardware design.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.