Sr Electrical Design Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Sr Electrical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for an experienced Sr Electrical Design Engineer for a long term contract in Redmond. As a part of the R&D team your will be developing board/system designs for the next generation of Medical Devices.
- Bachelor’ s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
5 years directly related experience -Required
- Experience and success with concept-to-production engineering, including high level design, detailed design, schematic entry, simulation, layout management, prototype assembly logistics, board bring-up, lab debugging, system integration, design verification, and manufacturing handoff.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of electrical engineering, including but not limited to power supplies, precision low level analog designs, A/D and D/A converters, battery chargers and monitor circuits, microcontroller/microprocessors, and programmable logic designs.
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards a plus.
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis a plus.
- Experience with Cadence SPB, or equivalent, for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience with circuit simulations tools a plus
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- Experience with embedded software design a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to follow, good electrical development processes.
- At least 3 years experience developing products in a regulated industry such as medical or avionics, including demonstrated design experience in safety critical hardware design.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.