Software Test Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
Interface with Product Development teams and coordinate product level Software test activities over the entire development lifecycle for new product and technology development programs, as well as change projects. Plan, develop, execute and document product test programs, including verification, for assigned projects.
Work collaboratively with development teams to identify and appropriately address design quality and reliability issues during development. Ensure compliance with all applicable Quality System requirements and the proper utilization of established best practices related to product level software tests. Produce complete, concise, clear and technically correct work outputs. Actively participate in and contribute to improvements to design assurance processes and tools.
- Manage and execute product level test activities for assigned development programs and ensure compliance with applicable Quality System requirements:
- Review and modify design input requirements for completeness, adequacy and testability
- Develop product test plans and test protocols for design verification of software requirements
- Coordinate software verification executions and resolution of issues
- Compile product test results and create test reports
- Participate in product test improvement initiatives, and provide technical contributions for the evolution of product test best practices
- Work with limited supervision
- Bachelor’ s degree in software engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of product software test or equivalent experience in a product development environment
- Master’ s degree and more than 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities
- Knowledge of good test design methodologies and patterns
- Experience with C, C++, Python
- Experience with embedded system
- Experience with software test equipment and test methods
- Experience in an externally regulated product development environment (FDA, FAA, etc.)
- Familiarity with medical device software development standards
- Working knowledge of design and project management methodologies
- Familiarity with 21 CFR 820 regulations and ISO 13485 medical device standards
- Excellent technical writing skills and strong interpersonal communication skills
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.