Software Test Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Test Engineer – Platform
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
The team is about creating beautiful devices and great software that works flawlessly. Creating and managing SW to match the great HW is essential to our business to ensure our customer’ s satisfaction.
As our client’ s product line grows, they need strong test talents in FW/SW testing to capture our increasingly customer-focused validations.
- Work within a group to execute test and validation plans to ensure that products and software are up to performance standards and meet release criteria
- Execute manual and automated test cases and report on the test results.
- The candidate will install OS’ s, Drivers, BIOS and FW and manipulate system configurations and settings.
- The candidate will aid in resolving system bugs including identifying, debugging and documenting them within Microsoft’ s bug tracking system
A successful candidate is a strong tester with:
- Experience in software testing including UI, manual, and testing with automation.
- Experience in hardware and FW testing.
- Good problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms, and to develop and follow test documentation such as plans, procedures and reports.
- Experience with multimeters, scopes, I2C and SMBus protocols is a plus.
- Experience reading
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.