Software Test Engineer - Embedded
25821 Industrial Blvd Suite 200, Hayward, CA 94545
Position Title: Software Test Engineer – Embedded
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Hayward, California.
- Analyze and review product specifications to ensure testability.
- Develop and document test protocols for manual test cases.
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify & document encountered defects.
- Work closely with other testers and developers to coordinate testing efforts and to resolve issues.
- 3+ years in a software test engineer role performing testing of embedded control software.
- Experience with QNX and Linux (Ubuntu).
- Basic knowledge of electronics; able to employ meters, scopes, etc. in the testing of embedded system software.
- Basic knowledge of networking; able to configure switches and routers and employ network analyzers in the testing of embedded system software.
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
- Familiarity with requirements-based testing.
- Familiarity with ALM tools for requirements, test, and issue tracking (e.g. Helix, Rational).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills, including experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience working in a process driven team environment.
- Familiarity with medical device development and regulations.
- Experience with radiation therapy systems especially desired.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; graduate degree a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.