Software Project Manager
Newark, California | Contract
Position Title: Software Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Newark, CA. We are looking for an experienced software project manager for Creativity & Productivity Business Group that has the ability to develop and implement successful software development projects in a fast-paced environment. This position requires proven successful track record of delivering high quality software products. The ideal candidate will also have Scrum development background and is a Certified Scrum Master
- Collaborate with Product Design Manager / Design/ Engineering / QA to develop project scope and to define project plan that comply with the vision, the strategy and the goals of the BG (Business Group).
- Familiar with Software Product Life Cycle and different software development methodologies
- Be Scrum Master for the team, be able to help the team to achieve sprint goals, remove obstacles and guide team to follow best scrum practices. Work with Product Owner to maintain a healthy backlog. Run all scrum meeting including Planning, Daily stand up, retrospectives, and reviews.
- Establish aggressive, but realistic schedules and cost targets based on project requirements and business needs.
- Create risk management list and contingency plans. Decide upon and execute contingency plans, when required
- Synthesize data and information related to scope or risks change.
- Report and communicate on regular basis; escalate when project goals are at risk. This includes regular reporting of project status to key stakeholders, Business Group (BG) directors through management review meetings and Gate meetings as prescribed by internal development processes.
- Build strong relationship with our key partners and stakeholders such as Design, Marketing, and QA
- Collaborate with Managers to improve project organization, efficiency (tools, processes) and time to market. Ensure that project activities operate within the policies and processes of the organization.
- Identify training and skill gaps within project management team and as well in cross-functional teams - take care of and develop best practices; share key learning from Post Completion Report (PCR).
- Support processes and tools that standardize software development activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- 5+ years experience in Software Project Management - within High-Tech or software industry interacting with hardware products
- Certified Scrum Master, and practice Scrum for at least 1 year.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Project Management Standard, Development Cycle
- Good knowledge in Marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent planning & organization skills - extremely self organizing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and programs/projects - highly result driven.
- Ability to develop comprehensive project development timeline by using proper tools.
- Independent and critical thinking with analytic, synthesized and convincing skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across organizations and geographies and interact, influence and negotiate effectively with all levels of management - natural leadership.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.