Software Programmer 2 (Java)
Vancouver, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Programmer 2 (Java)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Vancouver, WA. This full-time contract Software Programmer 3 position is in the Transmission Technology Software Development and Support (TTSD) organization. The position involves interpreting design specifications, assisting in technical design, coding software and following test and deployment procedures, complying with project documentation requirements and working on a development team using a mix of development methodologies including Agile. This position will support one or more teams as a software developer.
Position Responsibilities include:
- With manager oversight and approval:
- Design, develop, test and deploy Java applications
- Provide development on Windows
- Identify or resolve problems in applications at all system tiers (Application, Server, Database, Network)
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirements
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Collaborate with software developers, testers and users throughout the System Development Life Cycle.
- Work collaboratively with users and technical staff to design streamlined user interfaces
- Productively integrate with an existing Agile development team
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Support Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) standards and North American Electric Reliability Corporation critical infrastructure protection (NERC-CIP) compliance when performing assigned work.
- Provide emergency and backup support for existing systems and functions. (See Additional Requirements section.)
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a directly related technical field is preferred.
- 7+ years combination of education and/or work experience in software development is required. Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience. Note: Equivalent related degrees will only count once. For example: A candidate with two Associate degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines, will only be given credit for 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years experience using MySQL and/or SQL Server is required
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the following is required and should be clearly defined in the matrix:
- Java SE/EE experience with emphasis on:
- Java 7 or higher
- Java Messaging Services (ActiveMQ or similar)
- Hibernate ORM (or similar JPA based ORM)
- Experience with
- Eclipse (Ideally 3.4 or higher)
- Database Access (i.e. Entity Framework, NHibernate, ADO.NET)
- Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the following is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become familiar with existing systems and codebases.
- Demonstrated expert level Java programming within an experienced development team.
- Adobe Flex 3.0+
- Adobe BlazeDS Java remoting and web messaging technology
- Object Oriented design principles
- Distributed caching technology (JBossCache, Ehcache, or similar)
- Web services and socket-based protocols (i.e. XPATH, XML Schemas, XSLT, WCF, SOAP)
- Web application development using MVC
- Windows application development using WPF
- Version Control Systems (i.e. TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
- Dependency Injection techniques
- Current experience practicing test-driven development using test automation frameworks/tools (i.e. NUnit, MSTest, Moq, Rhino Mock, TypeMock)
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the following is desired.
- Exposure to other programming languages (i.e. Powershell, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Database Replication Techniques
- Windows Cluster Server administration
- Governmental processes and (electric) utility experience.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.