Software Engineer in Wireless Communications
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer in Wireless Communications
- As a Software Engineer in Wireless Communications, you will be working with a team of talented engineers and responsible for the design and development of the WLAN and related protocols and the integration and test of driver software.
- This is a hands-on position with focus on the software function of product development.
- Work on the design and implementation of the WLAN stack and other protocol layers.
- Integrate driver software into system software.
- Conduct software architecture and participate in peer code reviews.
- Create technical specifications, design documentation, and test plans, and participate in test and verification.
- Apply standard design, development, and testing processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex software problems.
- Continuously strive to make improvements and enhancements to the software.
- 3+ years’ experience as a C/C++ software engineer.
- Experience with software development in Linux/Android environment.
- Experience with driver development for Linux/Android.
- Experience with solving real-time embedded issues, including: threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc.
- Experience of wireless exposure, general understanding Bluetooth/Wifi, etc.
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation of networking and WLAN protocols, such as TCP, UDP, IP, is desirable.
- Ability to drive difficult issues to a successful completion.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Diligent, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative and handle assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.