Software Engineer in Test
Redmond, Washington | Direct Hire
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA. Our Redmond client is seeking a talented Engineer to join the QA team.
The Software Engineer in Test is expected to collaborate within a cross disciplined team to create and execute test plans and schedules, develop and enhance software test frameworks for automated regression testing. The candidate will also help strengthen and supplement our internal testing infrastructure thru process improvements and adoption of industry best practices.
- Strong software engineering and test principles.
- Strong programming experience in C, C++ and Python.
- Collaborative team player with clear communication and documentation skills.
- Experience/exposure to Agile/SCRUM
- Experience with Embedded Linux distributions. Boot loaders, such as Das– U-Boot or barebox
- Embedded software development tools sets such as IAR Integrated Development Environment
- Demonstrable experience testing embedded systems
- Experience with RESTful interfaces, curl
- Must be a detail-oriented individual with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with version control and build systems such as, git, svn, cvs, perforce, clearcase, buildroot, Jenkins, Cmake
- 3 + years of overall software test and quality assurance in embedded systems for Linux/RTOS
- 3 + years of software engineering experience in C or C++
- 1-3 years of embedded systems experience (Embedded Linux or RTOS)
- Experience profiling applications for performance characterization.
- Demonstrated experience shipping embedded software products
- Control system design and implementation.
- Practical knowledge of signal processing.
- Practical knowledge of antenna/satellite communications.
- Python experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field (e.g., math, physics) required.