San Jose, California | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA
Our client is an emerging life science tool company focused on the unmet needs of customers in the laboratory automation and liquid handling markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, they are uniquely positioned to take advantage of cutting edge technology in order to develop innovative solutions for complex life sciences applications.
We are seeking a skilled Software Engineer to complement their outstanding development team in delivering world class robotic automation systems and products. You will participate in all phases of the Software Development Cycle including design, implementation, testing and deployment. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary Engineering team to continuously improve our products and exceed the customers’ expectations. We expect you to be both technically skilled and self-motivated, with a proven record of excellent performance.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of automated robotic systems and related products.
- Develop key features for new and existing software, firmware, and user interfaces.
- Communicate ideas, concepts and questions effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Intermediate or better skills in C++ and C#, WPF, .NET, Visual Studio, SVN and Windows
- Excellent OOP design and development
- Working knowledge of threading, SQL, TCP/IP
- Flexibility to changing priorities and needs, attention to detail, rapid development pacing
- Experience using and programming mechanized automation components such as motors, displays, sensors, control systems
- Ability to setup requisite software tools and environment
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.