Irvine, California | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Irvine, CA for an Embedded Software Engineer for Media Access Control (MAC) development. The Engineer should have previous Software Development experience in convergence sublayer for MAC, and interfaces between the network layer and the PHY layer.
- Developing the MAC for a broadband Satellite communication System. Three parts of the design are in development, the subscriber unit, The Satellite, which is equivalent to a base station in a cellular system, and a Gateway terminal.
- Write software in C++ and interface to Layer-3 in a network Protocol stack and Layer-1, which is the Phy Layer.
- Knows Layer 2, transport/convergence, Data Link, and MAC layer processing
- Has experience implementing Media Access control Software (Control Plane) for one of the following standards
- Home Plug
- Various wireless 802.xx standards
- Knows Object oriented C++ SW development skills
- Can develop on Unix/Linux development plat form
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing SW on embedded RTOS such as POSIX, VxWorks P-Thread, Embedded Linux, etc.
- Prefer candidates have experience with ARM Cortex A53 Processor, but embedded ARM Processor is a requirement
- Candidates need to have good lab skills and an fundamental understanding of microprocessor Hardware architecture
- Must have embedded development with Hash Functions and Linked lists
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.