Software Engineer III
Hudson, Massachusetts | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hudson, MA
- Run simulations of processor, memory, and network fabric components.
- Prepare simulation run scripts, develop code to model particular features of interest, extract and analyze simulation output data, prepare data for interactive presentations, or written reports.
- Prepare workloads for simulation.
- Run HPC application codes with different numbers of OpenMP threads, and MPI ranks.
- Use software tools to run applications, and gather traces or other equivalent products suitable for simulator input.
- Use software tools to examine memory footprints, cache usage, instruction frequency histograms, and profiles by subroutine and basic block.
- Work with C, C++, and Fortran codes.
- Work with codes using parallel programming models such as OpenMP, MPI, PGAS (OpenSHMEM, UPC and others).
- Work with simulators and program analysis tools, such as Sniper, Asim, SDE, Intel Vector Advisor, Simics, and others.
- MS in CS or Engineering or Natural Sciences with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Architecture knowledge in one or more of the following areas: vector processors, accelerators, distributed systems, high-performance fabrics
- Experience working with or developing HPC codes.
- Experience with OpenMP and MPI.
- Experience with instruction set simulators such as Simics or Asim
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.