Software Engineer III
Chandler, Arizona | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Chandler, AZ
Visual Retail Team, part of the Retail Solutions Division in IOTG is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to manage the continuous integration environment as well as help with developing sensor middleware.
The continuous integration (CI) environment consists of different modules which are utilized as part of a multi-solution delivery process. The code needs to be compiled and made available for different platforms from different source control management systems.
The sensor middleware development is part of a wider solution to be utilized for fulfilling certain use cases. The candidate will need to understand current sensor middleware architecture and develop the new module according to the same standards.
- CS or EE with 5-7 years of work experience, some of which should include building and managing CI systems for software products.
- Strong understanding of embedded C/C++ programming
- Well-versed in developing and maintaining embedded/non-embedded software stacks as it applies to both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience building and deploying releases for Linux and Windows environments
- Basic knowledge of Yocto or Wind River IDP Linux build system will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of FTDI HID peripherals/interfaces will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of QT programming will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of DirectShow/Media Foundation/FFMEG multimedia stack or Media SDK/DirectX will be a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.