Software Engineer - Java/Golang
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer - Java/Golang
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
- High degree of hands-on experience with one or more of Core Java development. 8+ years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, OAuth etc.), service brokers, API gateways/proxies, API Development, SQL & NoSQL databases, virtual machines/IaaS, workflow tools, etc.
- Committed to TDD methodology and XP programming techniques
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps.
- Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
- Influences through others; builds direct and " behind the scenes" support for ideas.
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.