Software Engineer - Java (Python)
San Ramon, California | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer - Java (Python)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and an experienced Python Engineer to join our team building cutting-edge industrial IoT analytics solutions. It’ s a unique opportunity to actively contribute to highly optimized code on embedded devices as well as highly scalable big-data solutions on the cloud. Our stack includes: Python, Java, CloudFoundry, PostgresDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQTT, Github, Linux, Raspberry Pi.
- Provide input on architecture; help design, build and scale the development projects
- Help to translate business requirements into software features
- Write code to implement new features and modify existing functionality
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Drive and build PoCs as needed
- Manage deployments of builds to internal servers
- Communicate progress and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
- Work closely with other software engineers as well as test engineers in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or higher
- 8+ years of solid Java coding experience building complex large-scale systems
- Exposure to Python programming (1-2 years); knowledge of various handy Python Libraries such as Pandas, Multiprocessing, Conda, etc. - Need to have REAL work experience
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs
- Experience with Spring
- Experience developing scalable big data solutions on the Cloud.
- Experience building micro-services on the Cloud
- Experience in performance measurements and tuning
- Strong understanding of design patterns and experience in developing re-usable frameworks
- Strong understanding of multi-threading and related concepts
- Experience with container technologies (Docker)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience implementing software unit tests
- Experience working with Git (GitHub/BitBucket)
- Experience working in Agile SCRUM teams
- Experienced in Jenkins based CI/CD systems
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to solve algorithmic tasks
- Proven experience troubleshooting and debugging complex system issues
- Proficiency in using UNIX-based tools and systems
- Recognizes importance of internal and external deadlines
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong communicator with a proven track-record of working collaboratively on complex projects
- Experience working on embedded systems / IoT edge-to-cloud solutions
- Experienced in using Cloud Foundry (CF) CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.