Software Engineer - Driver Assistance
San Jose, California 94010 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Engineer - Driver' s Assistance
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California for an experienced Software Engineer.
• Drive and innovate Highly Automated Driving (HAD) SW component development
• Perform presentations internally or externally directly with customers or the industry at technical conferences
• Define requirements and analyze customer features for future SW components in our Autonomous Driving product line
• Improve the structure of existing code
• Support the definition and improvement of processes, methods and tools for functional safety, perform tool- and software qualifications.
• Support the quotation process by doing detailed estimations
• Bachelor’ s Degree in CS / CE / EE or equivalent
• Experience with embedded software development using C++
• Analyze performance bottlenecks and mitigate them (e.g. by using DMA, GPU)
• Expert C / C++ skills
• RTOS/QNX experience
• Experience with sensor input algorithm development a high preference
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.