Software Engineer - Driver Assistance
Bothell, Washington | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Engineer - Driver' s Assistance
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer.
• Drive and innovate Highly Automated Driving (HAD) SW component development
• Perform presentations internally or externally directly with customers or the industry at technical conferences
• Initial concept development and project setup for Research and Development or customer projects
• Define and document the architecture for new functions and features
• Define requirements and analyze customer features for future SW components in our Autonomous Driving product line
• Improve the structure of existing code
• Support the definition and improvement of processes, methods and tools for functional safety, perform tool- and software qualifications.
• Support the quotation process by doing detailed estimations
• Bachelor’ s Degree in CS / CE / EE or equivalent
• We are looking for Mid and Senior level engineers
• Experience with ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 as well as embedded software development
• Knowledge about development processes, quality management
• Algorithmic expert in one or more of the following fields for HAD development: sensor data fusion for automotive, filter mechanisms, path planning, image processing for grid based sensor data, robotic decision making, control engineering, HMI for HAD
• Ability to write portable code
• Basic understanding in all and a deep knowledge in at least one of the following areas: automotive sensors and sensor data fusion, control theory for ADAS / HAD, situation interpretation and decision making in automotive environment
• Basic knowledge of bus protocols and controllers used in automotive environments, you are even experienced with some general purpose protocols
• Analyze performance bottlenecks and mitigate them (e.g. by using DMA, GPU)
• Expert C / C++ skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Prior experience leading small technical teams or mentoring other engineers
• Willingness to travel up to 50% (domestic and international)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.