Software Engineer (Oculus)
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer (Oculus)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug realtime VR and AR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences
- Convert data acquisition and computer vision algorithms from MATLAB into C++
- Optimize data analysis software to run in realtime environments
- Collaborate in a team environment, working with researchers, hardware engineers and software engineers
- Evaluate, utilize and debug unfamiliar hardware and SDKs
- 5+ years professional software programming experience in C++
- 5+ years experience with high performance realtime environments such as video games, robotics or high speed image acquisition
- Proven ability to optimize algorithms using a variety of software and hardware acceleration techniques, including vectorization and GPGPU
- Experience programming a wide variety of I/O devices such as cameras, sensors, or IMUs
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: MATLAB, image acquisition using high performance cameras/sensors, experience driving aribrary wave generators (AWGs) or other FPGA-related function generators, knowledge of binary SCPI programming, C#, Direct3D
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.