Software Engineer, Computer Vision
6222 185th Ave. NE Redmond, Washington # | Direct Hire
Position Title: Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer, Computer Vision.
- Analyze and understand Machine Vision and/or Machine Learning (MV/ML) software components from multiple team members. Lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of MV/ML-related coding projects for consumer 3D sensing products.
- Profile and optimize the performance of MV/ML systems in partnership with hardware and software engineers.
- Develop optimized software to run efficiently on embedded computing platforms.
- Implement automated tests that ensure ongoing software correctness in a long-term sustainable way.
- Expert-level Fluency in C/C++ and Python
- Practical knowledge of, and experience in 3D depth sensing or range finding technologies.
- Practical knowledge of digital filtering and 3D point cloud data manipulation.
- 3+ years of experience in applying MV/ML techniques to developing software modules for at least 2 of the following: object detection, tracking and classification, SLAM, semantic segmentation, and/or path planning.
- Experience developing on at least one ARM-based mobile/embedded platform.
- Experience with at least one GPU computing framework (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, etc.)
- Experience porting MV/ML algorithms to new hardware/software platforms.
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.