Software Development in Test
San Jose, California | Contract
Position Title: Software Development in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA.
As a Software Engineer in Test in the Commerce Engineering team, you will help the team build, maintain and evolve the automation systems on desktop, mobile devices, or game consoles to meet the quality expectations of the end-user and the company standards.
- You will design, evolve and implement plans to increase the testing automation frameworks or systems
- Design and write manual or automated tests
- Run manual or automated test cases, aggregate and report the findings automatically
- Be part of the development team release by release, constantly improve and adapt the automation testing framework and system to the needs of the product.
- Develop small applications to use for testing or demo purposes Interact with customers to support their development efforts or other teams
- Investigate and recommend ways to improve product functionality, usability, reliability performance and security
- Participate in product requirements and development sessions using testing approaches and best practices to contribute to design decisions and to ensure seamless integration of new features with current system functionality
- 6+ years in delivering software test automation practices with various automation tools with different testing methodologies
- Experience in test automation development, using frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, including web UI automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver and REST-Assured frameworks
- Strong knowledge on relational and NoSQL databases. Independently writing SQL queries.
- Preferably prior experience in cloud based test strategies.
- Must be able to articulate test plan and test strategies.
- Working knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing, regression testing
- Experience with running formal trials and demos in SCRUM cycles to define and showcase automated test coverage
- Experience using test case management tools, bug management tools like JIRA and development environments like Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering best practices including OO principles, coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance with Jenkins is highly desirable
- Very strong experience working in Agile/Scrum models
- Ability to work in a group setting and collaborate by providing transparency in test results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it!
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.