Software Design Engineer - Platform
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Software Design Engineer (Platform)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a talented Software Design Engineer for a long-term contract.
- Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system.
- Develops functional requirements.
- Understands and applies standard engineering principles.
- Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates.
- Designs and tests components, and integrates components to produce final product.
- Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes.
- Evaluates a design' s overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety.
- Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Proficient in Embedded C
- Solid experience with QNX/Linux or other Real Time Operating System
- Experience developing SW in a regulated environment (FDA, FAA, etc)
- Preferred to Have: Experience in MSP430 and Bare Metal Programing
- Preferred to Have: Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Nice to Have: Experience with debugging embedded issues using Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.