Software Build Engineer
Woodinville, Washington | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Build Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client who is currently looking for an experienced Software Build Engineer with FDA/IEC 62304 experience. The successful candidate will be capable of stepping into an existing software team and organizing the software development process to meet design controls for software development. This person will report to the SW Engineering Manager and be responsible for all software dev releases, adhering to the SW process guidelines and confirming the build configurations match the intended requirements and software improvements. This person will also assume some IT functions in support of the software environment and the Woodinville facility.
- Responsibilities for all software configuration management deliverables in an FDA regulated environment.
- This person will manage the configuration and release process of software development, including any required process relating to software requirements, design, implementation, and documentation for the build configuration.
- This person will have familiarity with IEC62304 quality standard approach to software development and best practices compliant to Software QMS procedure.
- Identify, advocate for, and implement tools and methods for managing the release process.
- Facilitate communication among team members concerned with software development issues
- Provide scheduling input for planning tasks and activities within the software release process.
- Experience with FDA CFR development guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality documentation for software processes.
- Experience with networks in a linux environment.
- Experience in linux PC configuration and management
- Familiarity with Perforce configuration management tool or an equivalent.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, C, C++, LabView, and Python.
- Minimum of BSCS, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years experience in programming SW development
- Experience with concurrent hardware & software development is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.