Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA. This position requires strong technical, communications and problem-solving skills and the ability to engage and interact with numerous external teams. The ideal candidate would be top notch system administrator with scripting or development experience. If you possess a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and a passion for automating administration tasks, then this is the position for you.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate deep competency in most or all of the requirements listed below:
• Experience operating and supporting large-scale Internet hosted applications.
• Experience deploying large-scale Internet hosted applications including deployment automation concepts.
• Experience operating and supporting cloud based applications
• Hands on system administration experience in Linux-based platforms, storage systems (SAN and NAS), load balancers and virtualized environments.
• Demonstrable technology experience with administration of Mongo Database. Familiarity with basic Oracle concepts is a plus.
• Experience with networking concepts, protocols and technologies
• Experience with custom tool development, research of tools and deployment of solutions in support of internet hosted applications and environments
• Strong experience with designing, deploying and maintaining monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Nagios, Cacti, etc
• Familiarity with hosted application service provider environments, including remote administration of servers and devices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent information management practices, such as thorough documentation, usage of wikis, blogs and other collaboration tools
• Familiarity with service delivery and project management principles
The following requirements are not strictly required, but are preferred:
• BA/BS or higher in a technical field
• Experience supporting large-scale SaaS based applications and databases
• Experience with networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, TFTP, VLAN, QoS and VoIP
• Experience creating and maintaining automated server deployment scripts using tools such as Salt, Chef or Puppet
• Familiarity with agile software development processes including software builds and source code control
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Knowledge of ITIL process framework
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.