Signal Integrity Test Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Signal Integrity Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
This skilled Engineer will provide a key function for the Signal Integrity Lab team through definitive SI test expertise and will be responsible for an exciting, cutting-edge family of products. Additionally, this detail-oriented engineer will prepare and schedule test programs.
- Primary responsibilities include performing Signal Integrity test procedures required for the high-speed bus standards on each product. This includes determining the correct test setup and measurements required, ensuring that the tests are performed correctly, testing the product and completing the necessary paperwork, selecting and maintaining test equipment.
- Other responsibilities include establishing, implementing, coordinating and executing Signal Integrity test plans throughout the development cycle of a product, tracking the new developments in the industry with respect to SI compliance requirements and maintaining documentation.
- Working productively and seamlessly as a member of a skilled team of Signal Integrity design and test professionals
- Creating test plans and performing tests as per industry standards
- Writing test reports
- Developing test procedures for Signal Integrity testing
- Debugging test setups
- Reworking PCB level
- Maintaining suitable test equipment
- Tracking the new developments in the high speed industry with respect to Signal Integrity compliance requirements
- BS degree, and 3+ years of high-volume consumer electronics experience as a Signal Integrity test engineer.
- Working knowledge of high-speed design and RF principles.
- The ability to develop SI test plans, analyze SI test data, write SI test specifications/procedures and interpret SI standards for different interfaces.
- Ability to work with ambiguities is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to seamlessly work across groups and at all levels.
- You must have:
- Experience with High Bandwidth scope measurements
- Understanding of high-speed signal interface standards such as DDR3, USB2/3, DP, HDMI, SATA, etc.
- Experience with the VNA measurements
- Experience of board probing station for VNA measurements
- Understanding and experience with TDR measurements
- Hardware re-working and soldering expertise
- A team orientation with superior interpersonal awareness
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- PDN measurements with VNA and scope
- Experience with BERT and Logic Analyzer
- Experience with Agilent’ s PLTS software
- Experience with Signal Integrity simulation software
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.