Sensor Characterization Engineer
Redmond, Washington | Contract
Position Title: Sensor Characterization Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA for a Sensor Characterization Engineer.
- Collaborate closely with internal design team, computer vision scientists, optical experts and system architects.
- Develop and implement sensor characterization plan for standard and novel sensors & technologies.
- Develop and implement standard and novel light projection systems.
- Responsible for lab operations, test bench and optical equipment.
- Responsible for data collection, processing algorithm development, and test automation.
- Responsible for sensor debugging, design of experiments to solve complicate issues.
- Deep knowledge of sensor fundamentals, operation and performance metrics
- Deep knowledge of optics, radiometry, photometry and image analysis
- Experience working in a state of the art electro-optical laboratory environment
- Strong programming skills: C/C++ (must have), Matlab, Python, LabView, and similar, etc
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive optimal system solutions
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, computer science, optics, or similar.
- 4+ years industry experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.