Senior User Experience Designer
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA. We' re looking for a senior user experience designer with a strong creative vision, an excellent portfolio and a proven ability to create compelling, user centric products.
You’ ll collaborate with product managers, engineering leads, marketing specialists and other designers all over the world to craft intuitive and delightful experiences for our users, and you’ ll use a mix of data, intuition and experience to make our vision a reality.
As the design lead for consumer-facing products, your typical week will be busy and productive. You' ll attend daily stand-ups with the product and/or design teams and report on progress. Crafting great experiences will, of course, be your top priority but you' ll also be involved in user interaction design, sprint planning, preparing for future design activities, reviewing work with your colleagues and ensuring that the design strategy is aligned with the business objectives.
THE JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You understand the concepts inherent to design thinking and can demonstrate that you’ ve used it successfully in the past.
- You know how to conduct research and user testing and synthesize it to set project priorities with the product team.
- You enjoy building wireframes and quickly stitching together low fidelity prototypes to demonstrate your ideas to the group.
- Visual design is strongly in your wheelhouse. You’ ll work with other designers of course, but you’ ll ultimately be responsible for delivering beautiful designs which are on-brand and style-guide compliant.
- You can enthusiastically defend your designs with everyone from developers to senior executives— but you aren’ t defensive in your response to feedback.
- You aspire to excellence, but you understand that “ real artists ship”, and that business needs and desirability are not mutually exclusive.
- You are familiar with the ins and outs of audio and video recording. Experience as a performing musician is a big plus.
YOU’ LL NEED TO SHOW US THAT YOU HAVE:
- Five to six years of experience as a UX designer, with two to three years as a design lead. If you have a background designing complex solutions with multiple interaction points, all the better.
- Deep understanding of standard user-centered design methodologies such as crafting surveys, leading focus groups, uncovering user journeys, building personas, information design, wireframe development, user testing, iterating, visual design, documentation and production
- A proven history of working with and directing design resources, including outside agencies.
- The ability to coordinate and manage the entire design pipeline, including team meetings, work assignments, design documentation and production schedule.
- Experience designing for various mobile platforms. You should have a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience with UX software such as Adobe CC, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, UXPin, Framer.js and the like. The ability to write front-end code is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile teams would be ideal but not essential.
- No problem working with colleagues in different time zones.
- An organized, attentive mind; you’ re not easily distracted.
- The willingness to take smart risks and champion new ideas, even when they go against the grain.
- A Bachelor' s degree in fine arts, graphic design, human-computer interaction, human factors or equivalent experience.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.