Senior Telecommunications Engineer
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Telecommunications Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting long-term contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and requests with business applications.
- Support the Cisco UCS, Cisco phones, and VOIP systems.
- Work with the IT team in enhancing current processes and solutions.
- Participate in technology projects, quality assurance testing, and other activities as assigned.
- Evaluate all platform software releases, make recommendations and plan for upgrade or patching.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets. Perform MAC work as needed.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Possess CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice certifications, and/or a minimum of six (6+) years’ experience in network administration, design and configuration with Cisco UCS and Unified Communications Manager.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DMVPN, MPLS, VPN, VOIP, SIP, RTP.
- Session Border Controller and QoS (DSCP/CoS).
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring is preferred.
- Some knowledge of various SSL VPNs, IPSec VPNs, and firewalls nice to have
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Ability to create topologies and diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and dependability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- After hours availability for troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.
- Solid understanding of VoIP and SIP trunking.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with Avaya CM 5.x and above, preferably 6.x and above.
- Experience administering CMS, AES, SBC, Session Manager, Aura Conferencing and Aura Messaging.
- Ability to present complex solutions and arguments with a confident and knowledgeable style, and be able to handle difficult customer questions.
- Self-motivated, team player, customer-facing personality with an aptitude to learn, react quickly and manage their time responsibly while requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of personnel across different business units in a professional manner.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.