Senior Taxonomist Consultant
Santa Clara, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Taxonomist Consultant
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Santa Clara, CA. We are looking for a Senior Taxonomist Consultant with a focus in Governance.
This role will work with the Content Strategy Director to edit and develop the corporate taxonomy based on input from data sources, the business stakeholders, and customer feedback.
This person will focus on planning, designing, and implementing a metadata management process to achieve strategic business goals at McAfee.
This work includes the creation of data models (conceptual, logical, physical), data flow diagrams, taxonomic models, metadata management designs, and vocabulary standards.
This work offers close collaboration with various teams at McAfee such as Customer Support, Product Engineering, Technical Publications, Marketing, Brand, etc. in identifying requirements, researching and analyzing user needs, building and providing taxonomies and terminology support to stakeholders.
- Suggesting, upholding, and championing taxonomy and classification standards and a governance model
- Implementing the team’ s taxonomy strategies and vision, driving execution of roadmaps and project plans to continually improve and creating a single source of truth
- Identifying toolset gaps and potential gaps
- Identifying a taxonomy or knowledge management system to use
- Facilitating and closing recommendations for terminology management.
- Researching and documenting new terms or edits to existing terminology in keeping with taxonomy architecture and standards, providing full term metadata including use instructions, examples, explanations, and reference information
- Ensuring taxonomy additions, edits, and deprecation are fully executed within the Tools per standard procedures
- Executing and enhancing taxonomy and classification metrics and reporting program elements
- Coordinating with user research partners to run and analyze surveys, card sorts, and tree tests to inform taxonomy changes
- Being a peer leader with business and technical stakeholders to find solutions and resolve taxonomy and classification issues in creative and intelligent ways
- Leading classification audit and review as needed
- 5-10 years taxonomy and metadata experience
- Mastery of cataloging, classification, information architecture, and/or knowledge management principles
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong research skills and the ability to gather information and metrics to make informed decisions
- Experience planning and conducting user research and analyzing results to help improve customer experience
- An ability to see the big picture and tie vision and strategy into the best long-term customer experience while focusing on lots and lots of small details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage while also acting as a team player supporting the central team priorities and roadmap
- Advanced time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage and balance projects for self and others
- Ease and advanced skill with JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Visio, Microsoft Office or some combination thereof
- Education: Masters or higher only
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.