Senior Systems Analyst
San Francisco, California | Contract
Position Title: Senior Systems Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Francisco, CA
- Participate on a cross-functional team designing, building and testing solutions to support the desktop Windows and Mac environments.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
- Positon requires 60% walking as the team supports users in multiple buildings on multiple floors.
- Minimum of five years related experience required in technical support and customer service.
- Strong Communication Skills and exceptional customer service orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and a dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently while minimizing disruptions.
- Solid knowledge of all current Windows 7 and Mac OS and hardware.
- Experience with enterprise wide OS/application refresh projects.
- Experienced in supporting standard enterprise applications, such as Anti-virus/malware client, Microsoft Office/Outlook, VPN, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, virtual desktop, and thin clients.
- Experience with enterprise drive encryption technologies such as Bitlocker/MBAM.
- Experienced in supporting tablet and mobile devices in an enterprise setting.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups in a team environment using logic based troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to demonstrate progressive experience in the field of technical support.
- Experience supporting Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Exchange, Visio, and Outlook.
- Able to demonstrate experience supporting customer interactions and troubleshooting experience supporting Active Directory and SCCM.
- Telecom experience desired
- Ability to be flexible and adapt / react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention.
- Ability to maintain customer focus during difficult circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and deploy IT equipment amongst multiple floors/buildings.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.