Senior Stress Engineer
Bothell, WA 98011 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Stress Engineer opportunity located in Bothell, WA.
- Reviews engineering drawings for structural integrity and compliance with FAA regulations
- Completes stress analysis documents to show compliance to FAA regulations
- Identifies data requirements.
- Works to budgets and project schedules.
- Utilizes classical hand analysis methods and Finite Element Modeling techniques.
- Provides guidance and feedback to other Stress Engineers.
- Helps the stress engineering manager in developing standards and best practices.
- May perform as functional “Lead” for stress team on specific project(s).
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, or equivalent, minimum 7 years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
- Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
- NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
- Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
- Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
- Budget and project management experience required.
- Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- Location: Bothell, WA
- Hourly Rate: $50-$70
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.