Senior Software Engineer
Menlo Park, California | Direct Hire
Position: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California for an experienced Software Engineer. The successful candidate can choose to be based in our Menlo Park headquarters or our San Francisco office (with travel to Menlo Park).
Do you want to be part of a company creating cutting edge technology that is uncovering the mysteries of life itself? Our client is seeking a talented full-stack software engineer with an emphasis on back-end web services supporting their sequence analysis software suite. The candidate will develop robust, elegant and efficient software components and APIs to rapidly develop a diversity of scientific software solutions.
- Design and implement foundational software layers including RESTful web-services implemented in Scala for managing sequencing data, designing and executing scientific analyses and more.
- Engage in an unusually multi-disciplinary organization of software and hardware engineers, bioinformaticists, chemists, and molecular biologists developing state-of-the-art, single-molecule, genomic analysis systems.
- Write design specifications for peer review; adhere to software development standards for coding and unit/functional test coverage.
- B.S. in computer science, electrical engineering or in physical science disciplines; candidates with a high level of relevant experience will also be considered.
- Candidates with experience developing front-end applications are favored, especially Typescript and Angular2 JS.
- Experience maintaining software projects under source control with git in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in the life-sciences tools domain, especially DNA sequencing, is preferred but not required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.